Self discovery is essential for the social space. Recently I saw a question that read “How do people become confident and share all the time on social media?” and the short answer is self discovery. I replied to the question with the long answer because it was necessary for analogy sake, but when I think about my journey with blogging and creating and the things I’m working on, I wouldn’t have taken the leap had I not done the self discovery work.
More than the content and everything else, who are you? Why are you doing this? What are your plans for this. This being a blog, a vlog, a course, a business, whatever you are doing, there is a level of self discovery that has to occur regardless. Taking the time to sit with yourself and answer question honestly creates a space for you to show up authentically and 100% yourself. That is how you become confident and really believe in what you have going on. That said lets get into 17 questions to ask for self discovery.
Questions for Self Discovery
The amazing thing about these questions is you don’t just have to think about them, use them as journal prompts and describe in as much detail as possible. This is not a time to hold back and this isn’t a time to correct yourself, just free write and flow.
- What are 3 words that describe me best?
- What values are important to me?
- Who does God say I am?
- What does my current day look like?
- What does my ideal day look like? (Describe your room, the paint, what time you wake up, what kind of coffee you have in the am, who you get to see, etc., details!)
- What is holding me back in life right now?
- If I could do anything what would it be?
- What things do I want to do less often?
- What things do I want to do more often?
- What do I need more of in my life?
- What do I need less of?
- What experiences tend to repeat themselves in my life?
- What do I need to let go of in my life to move forward?
- What drains my energy the most?
- What fills me up and makes me feel energized?
- What is top priority in my life right now?
- What am I doing to fulfill that?
These self discovery questions are perfect for journaling. Don’t feel like you have to rush through each question or do them all in one day. These questions have been so helpful in my own self discovery. Be real with yourself; it’s okay that you want something else out of life, it’s okay that you want to go a different path. The fact that we can ask ourselves these questions, is confirmation that we can have exactly what we want.